- Calories: 83
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 176mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
Honey Carrots Recipe
Looking for an easy side dish recipe? This sweet honey carrots recipe is a quick side dish you can make in minutes. Make this honey carrots side dish with any meat, fish or chicken dish.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. In double steamer or in a colander set over a pot of simmering water and covered, steam carrots over medium heat until fork-tender.
- 2. Transfer steamed carrots to a saucepan. Add honey and margarine and heat over medium heat, stirring until a syrupy glaze forms, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010