- Calories: 185
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
Rice Pudding Recipe
Looking for a low fat recipe for dessert? This creamy rice pudding fits the bill. Make this rice pudding the night before to let the delicious vanilla and cinnamon flavors set in.
- 4 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the milk and the rice and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add the remaining 2 cups milk, cinnamon stick, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- 3. Cover and cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
- 4. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010