- Calories: 132
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 422mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 17g
Turkey Soup Recipe
Make this easy soup with some leftover Thanksgiving turkey. It will be ready in about an hour.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (about 16 ounces) cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Stir in carrot, celery, pepper, oregano and basil. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes with their liquid, water, broth and beans and stir. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- 4. Add turkey, zucchini and parsley and cook until zucchini is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010