- Calories: 263
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 148mg
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3g
Baked Apples Recipe
This easy apple recipe is a great way to enjoy delicious fall apples without any fuss. These tasty baked apples make a great apple dessert or healthy snack.
- 3 Tbsp trans fat free margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 4 apples, such as Rome Beauty, skin peeled in a spiral
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, stir together the margarine, sugar, oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and walnuts. Set aside.
- 2. Core the apples: Set an apple upright on a cutting board. Insert a paring knife directly into the apple, from the top, approximately 1/2 inch from the center. Carefully push the blade down and around the core of the apple, being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom. Discard the core. With a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out the center of the apple. Repeat with remaining apples.
- 3. Fill each apple with oat mixture. Stand apples upright in a 9 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Add 1 cup water to the dish. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 40 minutes, or until apples are soft but not mushy. Serve warm.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010