- Calories: 90
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 58mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Peanut butter cookies get healthy with whole wheat flour and some oats for a bit of crunch. These healthy cookies are moist and delicious.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie trans fat free margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, margarine, egg, egg white and vanilla.
- 3. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine well. Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten with a fork to make a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned.
- 6. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010